A notary public is an official who is appointed and commissioned by the Governor. Some of the duties of a notary public are to administer Oaths or Affirmations, take acknowledgments, perform wedding ceremonies and other duties as specified by Florida Law (Fla Stat 117.01).
· You must be 18 years of age or older
· You must be a legal Resident of Florida
· You must be able to read, write and understand the English Language
· For Permanent Resident Aliens, you must obtain a recorded Declaration of Domicile document from your local county courthouse.
· Complete a 3 hour education course (Link to Education Course): http://notaries.dos.state.fl.us/education/index.html
· Complete the notary commission application (Link to Package)
· Mail the original application package along with the signed certificate of completion to our office for processing
· Basic Package Rectangular Stamp ($98.00) includes Self-Inking Rectangular Stamp, State Filing Fee, $7500 Notary Bond and Notary Certificate
· Basic Package Round Stamp ($108.00) includes Self-Inking Round Stamp, State Filing Fee, $7500 Notary Bond and Notary Certificate
· Professional Package ………
· How long does it take? Processing time takes approximately three weeks for you to receive the items in the mail.
· Is expedited service available? We are unable to expedite the State processing time. However, we can expedite the shipping for your notary stamp. Please contact us for shipping fees.
· Are any fees waived for disabled veterans? Yes, the $10 commission fee is waived for veterans who have served during wartime and who have been rated 50% or more disabled by the United States Department of Veterans Affair. Along with the notary commission application, you must submit a written request for the fee reduction and provide proof of exemption.
· What if I have a felony conviction? If you have a felony conviction or had an adjudication of guilt withheld for a felony, along with the notary application you must also submit a written statement as to the nature of the offense(s) along with the court judgment and sentencing order. If convicted, you must submit a certificate of Restoration of Civil Rights.Approval is at the discretion of the Governor.
(Please Note: There is a non-refundable Governor’s Approval Fee and processing time will take longer).
With 20 + years experience in the Notary Bonding business, we realize your time is valuable. We have streamlined the application process to a science. We are fast, it is simple, and inexpensive join us and be a part of the family!